I love making this simple salad to go along side hummus baguettes, felafel pittas and couscous dishes. Its refreshing and citrusy which I love. To make it a big more substantial try mixing in a couple of cups of cooked and cooled Quinoa or Bulgar wheat.
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped small
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
Mix all ingredients well together in a bowl and serve straight away.