This is the Lemon and Coriander Couscous I served along side my Seitan Tagine with Apricots and Dates a few weeks ago.
I know its very easy to use a packet of couscous… but its also almost just as quick make your own and then you know exactly whats going into it. Fresh ingredients always taste better and are better for you then dried or processed flavours!
This is a dish you can serve with many different meals as a side. Or you can take the base of this and add nuts, crispy seitan strips, tofu, dates or beans and make the side into a main course. Simple cook to instructions and stir through any other extra ingredients before you serve.
- 1 cup pearl/giant couscous
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Cook the pearl couscous according to the instructions- usually just boil for 5-10 minutes until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the 2 cups of dry uncooked couscous and stir. Cook gently, coat in oil and very lightly toast for a minute or two, making sure not to burn couscous. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetable stock to the now empty pan, along with turmeric and bring to the boil. Once boiling remove from heat, pour toasted couscous into pan of stock along with the cooked pearl couscous. Stir well, place lid on and leave for 5 minutes.
- Check the couscous is soft and has absorbed all the stock, then stir in the lemon juice and coriander and serve.
Only 90p!! With all Proceeds going to Hillside Animal Sanctuary. See our Big Cartel Store for more details