This is a recipe I have been meaning to type up for a while and is my absolute favourite chocolate muffin recipe, it just works every time and is full of flavour and never dry!
I am always surprised when buying vegan cakes how often they are horrible and dry. I think with all the recipes out there for vegan baking now there really shouldn’t be any excuse for tasteless and dry cakes that aren’t even edible, especially if your selling them! I love to show people who are not vegan just how good vegan baking can be… that the bad reputation vegan baking has is definitely not justified.
This recipe is perfect for demonstrating just that, and I think once you get a recipe like that it’s only fair to share it around!
- 1½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- ¹⁄³ cup canola/ sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (70% cocoa minimum)
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line a cupcake tray with muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the the milk, oil and vinegar in a separate bowl then add flour mixture. Stir until just combined then stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Fill the muffin cases ¾ a way full with muffin mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before eating.